If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Chinese Food and adore seafood. I am always trying to come up with new variations of the two, but I always come back to my favorite, stir frying shrimp and scallops along with savory vegetables and ... oh, need I say more? This dish is so flavorful and a perfect dish when home alone and you want to cook for nobody else but yourself. —nonchefnick
Serves 2 but you'll want to eat it all yourself
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 pound bay shrimp
- 1/4 pound bay scallops (small ones)
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons pimientos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- In a pot, bring chicken stock and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a boil, add rice, and cook covered, reducing heat to low. Cook according to directions (about 18 to 20 minutes). When cooked, gently stir using a fork. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, saute onions, shallots, celery, and garlic in the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the shrimp and scallops and saute, stirring for about 30 seconds, then add pimientos and green onions, stirring for another 30 seconds. Add the water.
- Now add the sesame oil and the cooked rice, stir well so all ingredients are incorporated and rice is well coated. Add the salt and pepper, along with the sesame seeds. Stir for about 20 seconds and transfer to a serving platter. Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.