If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Had to think about something special for my 300th post for my daily blog (even as I dread the inevitable 66 days left in this year to whiz by in a flash, leaving me with a potentially serious case of withdrawal symptoms). Picked up a container of fresh pressed apple cider while chaperoning my sons class field trip to Terhune Orchards in Princeton , NJ. and decided to drown my sorrows in some of this delicious mulled cider. A perfect pick-me-up with the bright spiciness of a cup of spiced Masala Chai and the fragrance of apples! —Panfusine
Makes 4 cups
- 1 liter apple cider
- 5-6 whole green cardamoms, smashed
- 12-15 cloves
- 3 coins freshed ginger root, smacked flat with a meat pounder
- 5-6 whole black peppercorns
- 2-3 2 inch sticks cassia (or the curly cinnamon)
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon Orange zest
- Combine all the ingredients and bring to a simmer over a medium low heat. Strain into glasses and serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).