Author Notes: This past summer I officially fell in love with banana soft serve. It is absolutely amazing stuff. Here is a fancy recipe for some. This ice cream has a beautiful fuchsia colour. It is as vibrant in appearance as it is in flavor. - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 5-6 peeled frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic vanilla extract OR the seeds of one vanilla pod
- 1 shot vanilla rice milk ( I like Natura rice milk)
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic grounnd cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 2 ice cubes of frozen beet juice
- 1/4 cup organic 100% cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Buy or juice your own beet juice. Freeze into cubes in a ice cube tray.
- Next day: If using vanilla pod, split down the middle and scrape out the seeds into a food processor. Puree first 8 ingredients until silky smooth in a food processor. Add chocolate chips and pulse once to incorporate. If you are feeling adventurous, throw in 1/8 cup of poppy seeds and pulse. Serve immediately for soft-serve like ice cream OR transfer to a large bowl and freeze covered with cling film for hard ice cream texture.
- If you are VEGAN and do not consume alcohol, use a vanilla pod instead of extract. I highly recommend including the chocolate chips, especially if you find the beet flavor too overpowering.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla