If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This past summer I officially fell in love with banana soft serve. It is absolutely amazing stuff. Here is a fancy recipe for some. This ice cream has a beautiful fuchsia colour. It is as vibrant in appearance as it is in flavor. —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 5-6 peeled frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic vanilla extract OR the seeds of one vanilla pod
- 1 shot vanilla rice milk ( I like Natura rice milk)
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic grounnd cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 2 ice cubes of frozen beet juice
- 1/4 cup organic 100% cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Buy or juice your own beet juice. Freeze into cubes in a ice cube tray.
- Next day: If using vanilla pod, split down the middle and scrape out the seeds into a food processor. Puree first 8 ingredients until silky smooth in a food processor. Add chocolate chips and pulse once to incorporate. If you are feeling adventurous, throw in 1/8 cup of poppy seeds and pulse. Serve immediately for soft-serve like ice cream OR transfer to a large bowl and freeze covered with cling film for hard ice cream texture.
- If you are VEGAN and do not consume alcohol, use a vanilla pod instead of extract. I highly recommend including the chocolate chips, especially if you find the beet flavor too overpowering.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.