If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a collaborative recipe that my mother and I came up with, which was derived from an old carrot souffle recipe that we modified by substituting the pumpkin for the carrots and the addition of cranberries and spices seemed to speak holiday comfort food. - Adrian V. Mabon
Makes 1 casserole
- 2 cups can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Navan Vanilla Liquer
- In a small bowl place cranberries and Vanilla Liquer (Navan) set aside. In a mixing bowl add pumpkin, sugar, and milk,baking powder ,flour and melted butter and spices with whip attachment blend on medium adding eggs one at a time. increase speed for the last few minutes to assure eggs are well incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer stir in vanilla extract and cranberries that have soaked in the vanilla liquer. Pour into a casserole or souffle dish that has been buttered or coated with cooking spray.Bake at 350 degrees F. Approximately 1 hour or until set. once souffle is set and cooled slightly dust using sifter with confectioners sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla