If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: . This recipe comes from a family friend Bernice who passed it on to me after I tasted it at a church dinner. It is a deliciously simple cake that can be paired with ice cream, fresh seasonal fruit, a caramel topping, or anything of the baker's choice. —mkultra1000
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating
- Add vanilla and milk in which the butter has been melted
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and quickly beat this mixture into the batter
- Pour into a floured 8"x10" floured pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. The top of the cake should be golden in color and springy/spongy to the touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.