If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At the zenith of Istanbul street food sits the much revered lamb Kokorec. This is a hard one to swallow for those who are not accustomed to eating offal. The preparation elevates one of the most modest parts of the lamb to the levels of some of the most memorable food experiences. It’s a celebration of textures and Maillard reactions — the beautiful caramelization that happens on the surface of proteins that are exposed to heat.
On a roasting pit, they skewer a one inch diameter base made of sweet breads. This is then wrapped with layers upon layers of strings of small intestines. The final construction is a three inch cylinder.
The pit is stabilized four inches above glowing charcoals and roasted for a couple hours. The final result is composed of varying layers of crispiness and textural integrity all the way down to the melt-in-the-mouth sweet breads. - sayatexplores
Makes two tacos
- 2 cups Squid
- 1 Diced jalopeno
- 1 teaspoon Crushed isot peppers
- 1 teaspoon Diced ginger
- 1 Diced garlic clove
- Wash squid in a strainer, under running water, pat dry. Dice into less than 1/3 inch pieces. Include tentacles. We're shooting for textural contrast. Blanch in boiling water for one minute. Strain
- Get the skillet hot, add half of the clarified butter, and start frying your squid in half cup increments, one to two minutes apart.
- Add the aromatics and season to taste. Fry for another minute.
- Serve with diced tomatoes and a yogurt and herb topping
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.