Author Notes: My grandfather was a Basque sheepherder and this is a family staple served with roasted leg of lamb. We all fight to pour the pan drippings from the lamb over our pilaf! - Meaney Cafe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in oven safe casserole dish or pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add rice and bulgur to melted butter and saute until fragrant and slightly toasted. This gives a nutty flavor to the dish.
- Slowly add stock and water and stir well.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Toss before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish