If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Spinach and Three Cheese Pie is so GOOD, this recipe is an adaption from Donna Hay! Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or a side at dinner. It will be the first time you made them eat their spinach and they will thank you for it! —Amy Stafford @ A Healthy Life For Me
- 5 sheets ready prepared filo pastry
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup spinach, blanced
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 3 eggs, whipped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- dashes kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 11 x 7 shallow baking pan layer the filo sheets overlaying edges brushing with the butter between each sheet. You can use any size small shallow baking pan that holds 7-8 cups, the rectangular shape will be the easiest to layer the dough. Layer sheets to cover edges of pan and overhang a bit.
- Top phillo with the spinach, ricotta, feta and parmesan. Whisk together the eggs, cream, chives, salt and pepper and pour over the spinach mixture.
- Brush edges of pastry with remaining butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until egg is set and pastry is golden. Serve and Savor!