If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband and I love New Orleans. He proposed in New Orleans. We go to New Orleans annually and gobble up the cuisine as fast as possible. The inspiration for this is deeply engrained! I LOVE Joe's Stuff which you can order here OR - go there and pick some up in person! http://www.neworleansschoolofcooking.com/ Also we swear by the Zatarains rice but you can use your favorite long grain white rice. - aargersi —aargersi
Food52 Review: It would never have occurred to us to put turkey in jambalaya, which seems so focused on pork, but it's a terrific idea. Turkey's gaminess compliments the andouille and holds its own against the cajun spices. Aargersi also includes smoked paprika, a smart touch. Don't be put off by the ingredient list, which calls for Zatarains rice, Abita Amber or Joe's stuff. Use what you can find: we made do with Uncle Ben's, Anchor Steam and another brand of cajun seasoning. If you'd like, you can adjust the heat level by decreasing the amount of cajun seasoning and choosing a milder andouille. - A&M —The Editors
- 3 links andouille sausage - cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups turkey - cut up
- 1 yellow onion - chopped
- 1 green bell pepper - chopped
- 2 ribs celery - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Zatarains long grain white rice
- 1 Abita Amber (or other amber) beer
- water in addition to the beer to make 4 c liquid
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Joe's Stuff (or other cajun seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large pot, add the onion, celery and bell pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, andouille and turkey, along with the Joe's Stuff and paprika. Cook 2-3 more minutes. Hand crush the tomatoes and add them. Add all remaining ingredients except the parsley. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and cover - cook until the rice is done, about 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve.
- Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers Contest Finalist!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.