Author Notes: Madeira seems so under-appreciated. Here's a really tasty, rather grown up treat. Enjoy! - AntoniaJames
Serves 2 - 4
- 1/2 stick (2 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Madeira (I use Rainwater)
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla paste
- Reduce the Madeira to about a tablespoon of thick syrup. Don't worry about getting the amount exactly right. Stir it into the soft butter, along with the vanilla paste.
- Make toast. Slather the vanilla and Madeira scented butter on the toast.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla