If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: inspired by a recipe i read years ago and it appealed to me because i like sweet and savory flavors in a dessert. instead of baking it in a pan and swirling a goat cheese and egg custard on top i bake them in mini muffin pans with a dollop of honey, vanilla and cardamom flavored goat cheese on top. i also like to sprinkle chopped pistachios or other nuts on top. —koechin
Makes 16 bites
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 ounces goat cheese (flavor and sweeten to your liking, i add 1tsp honey, a dash of cardamom and 1tsp vanilla)
- melt butter and whisk in cocoa, when incorporated whisk in sugar
- beat in eggs, vinegar, vanilla, salt and use whisk to incorporate flower
- fill paper lined mini muffin tins and add about 1/2 tsp of your flavored goat cheese and sprinkle with nuts
- in my temperamental oven they take about 18 minutes, check earlier to not over bake them.
- i like to serve them with a semi dry sherry or vin santo
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.