Author Notes: I eat this with a spoon. So should you. - darksideofthespoon
Serves a lot.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup finely chopped high quality dark chocolate
- Boil the first 4 ingredients, whisking the whole time. Do not leave the mixture, it boils over very quickly.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
- Strain into a container and cool at room temperature before storing in the fridge.
- Serve at room temperature or warm. This also makes a wicked chocolate milk!