Author Notes: I eat this with a spoon. So should you. - darksideofthespoon
Makes 1 liter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup finely chopped high quality dark chocolate
- Boil the cream, water, sugar, pinch of salt and sifted cocoa powder, whisking the whole time. Do not leave the mixture, it boils over very quickly.
- Add the chopped chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Pour into a container and cool in the fridge without a lid. It will be runny when hot but should become thick once cooled.
- Serve at room temperature or warm. This also makes a wicked chocolate milk!