Makes 1 pound
- 1 pound large carrots, peeled and cut into 3/8×4-inch sticks (You can also use baby carrots.)
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 2/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- Combine salt, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and ginger and stir until the salt and sugar dissolve. Add the carrots and let marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, before serving. The thicker the carrots, the longer it will take for the flavors to develop.
- Store in an airtight jar and refrigerate for up to one month.