If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom used to make peppers stuffed with ground beef a lot, but she never roasted them, instead she cooked them in a pot with the lid closed in some water. Since I prefer roasted veggies to boiled, I went with the oven instead of the pot on the stove top. It's delicious, healthy and nice looking dish also benefits from quick and easy cooking.
- Daria Faulkner
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 summer squashes (certain shape)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cool meat on the hot pan with all the spices and garlic till its almost cooked (don't overcook it).
- Cut off the stem part from the squashes and peppers. Place in the saucepan with the boiling water and simmer on low for about 5 min. Take them out and drain upside down on the towel.
- Cook rice according to the instructions.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Combine meat and rice in the bowl. Taste and add spices if needed. Stuff squashes and peppers with the mixture. Place peppers and squashed on the baking shit and bake for about 25 min. I like to serve it with the greek yogurt on a side.