If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was born out of a hungry crowd and not a lot of food in the fridge. Some Sicilian staples combine with pasta and breadcrumbs to create a delicious family favorite. I love the combination of salty tuna with the sweet currants and the crunch from the breadcrumbs. While you generally don't add cheese to fish pastas, this works because most of it just flavors the breadcrumbs and it holds up to the tuna. —Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1 box linguine or other long strand pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped into small dice
- 4 anchovies
- 1/2 cup currants, soaked in 4 tablespoons of sherry or wine
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs from day-old bread
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (or pecorino)
- 1-2 cans Italian tuna in oil, depending on the size of the cans
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water a minute short of package instructions.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion, red pepper flakes, and anchovies in a couple tablespoons of olive oil, until the onion softens. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the tuna, pine nuts, and currants with their liquid, and allow to cook together 2 minutes. Add the pasta and a little of the pasta cooking water.
- In another pan, toast the breadcrumbs in a tablespoon of olive oil until they start to turn a little brown. Add most of the grated cheese and toss to combine. Pour the toasted breadcrumbs over the pasta and combine. Serve immediately with the rest of the grated cheese and parsley sprinkled on top. Optional, drizzle a little extra olive oil over the top to finish it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stale Bread
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.