If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had these cookies at my friends house. I don't even like peanut butter, but these cookies changed my mind. They are moist and dense. One of the most amazing cookies I have ever had. She couldn't remember where the recipe came from and was happy to share it with me. —Leslieswanson
Makes about 2 dozen
- 8 ounces Butter at room tempature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter (like Jiff or Skippy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a mixer combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix the salt, baking soda, and flour in a separate bowl. Then add it slowly to the butter sugar mixture.
- Form into small walnut sized balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2' apart. Take a fork and make the traditional check pattern in the top, by pushing the fork tines flat into the top of the cookie. Don't push down to far. Leave the cookies about 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They won't look done but take them out anyway. Don't over cook them. Place on a cooling rack. Enjoy. Store in an air tight container.
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.