If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mom loves a good bread pudding, and so do I. Here I have kicked up a family classic that my mom makes and her mom and grandmom before. Although my family tree is rooted in the south...Texas to be exact, here is a spin nontheless. I have included orange juice and orange zest as well as caramel sauce to change things up a bit. —"NASA" Dave
Serves 6 to 8 portions
Sugar, eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, raisins, orange zest, orange juice, 1" thick french bread
- 8 ounces sugar
- 3 eggs, beated
- 16 ounces heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ounce raisins
- 1/2 zest of orange
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 12 1" thick French bread slices
- In a bowl, place stale French bread that has been cut into 1" pieces.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, and orange juice.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread, and allow to soak 15-20 minutes, covered.
- Add raisins and mix.
- put in greased pan(s) and bake until toothpic comes out clean. Bake in a preheated oven:325F convection, 350F still oven.
- .67 ounces Corn syrup
- 2 ounces water
- 8 ounces sugar
- 2.5 ounces heavy cream
- .5 ounces vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt, kosher
- in a sauce pan heat the corn syrup, water and sugar to an amber color; roughly 335F.
- Whisking, add the butter and remove from heat.
- Continuing to whisk add the heavy cream, vanilla and salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stale Bread
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.