If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite quick appetizers for entertaining - the recipe is very simple, yet looks and tastes like an elegant bite. —FamilyStyle Food
Makes about 15 pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus additional tiny leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound tube prepared polenta
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook just until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the pepper to the oil and remove from heat; transfer pepper mixture to food processor work bowl along with basil, vinegar, cayenne and bread crumbs. Puree until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Slice polenta into 1/2-inch thick rounds and arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle 2 teaspoons oil over the rounds and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until golden brown, 12 - 15 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with about 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper rouille and a basil leaf.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.