If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Result of a delicious witching hour experimental session with fresh pomegranate & ginger. You may opt to vary the proportion of ginger ale with seltzer. Personally I'd recommend using the Jamaican variety of Reeds premium ginger brew, but in a pinch the local Canada Dry variety will suffice. —Panfusine
- 2 ounces Van Gogh, or similar brand of Pomegranate flavored Vodka
- 2 tablespoons Heaped pomegranate arils
- 1 teaspoon Fresh minced ginger
- 5-6 torn basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a lime (medium sized)
- 2-3 drops bitters to coat the glass
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (adjust as per taste, this is just to help the solid stuff muddle)
- 4 oz ginger ale or 2 oz each of ginger ale & lime seltzer
- Add the bitters to the martini glass & swirl it around. Stash the glass in the freezer to chill.
- Muddle the pomegranate, basil, lime juice, ginger and the sugar. Add the vodka and allow to steep for 5 min. Add the ice, shake well and strain into glass. Top up with ginger ale, garnish with a curl of lime peel and serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates