If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother baked these cookies as after school treats for my sister and me. They were super crispy and tasted great with a cold glass of milk. —Leslie_
Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 1/2 pound margarine (Earth Balance) or unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg (large)
- 2 cups organic white flour
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups ground walnuts
- Mix margarine (or butter) with flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and the yolk of the egg until all ingredients are well incorporated and look like dough
- Press the dough on to a cookie sheet so that it touches all sides.
- Spread the egg white on the top of the dough. You can simply rotate the pan to spread the egg white and pour off any excess. Then sprinkle the ground walnuts over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- After the cookies have cooled awhile, take a sharp knife and cut into small rectangles.