Author Notes: My great grandmother's recipe for a refreshing fruit salad with lots of texture. Originally published on my own recipe blog: www.culeenary.com - Leen
- 6 guavas
- 4 cups pomegranate arils
- 2 cups ice-cold water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cut the guavas in half, then peel and seed them keeping the seeds and peel in a bowl.
- Cut the guava into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Place the guava peel and seeds in the blender.
- Add the water, lemon juice and sugar and blend on medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Run the guava juice through a sieve to get a smooth juice (if you feel that the juice is not sweet enough, you can adjust it by adding some more sugar).
- Mix the guava cubes and pomegranate seeds with the guava juice and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates