If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pomegranate appears here in three forms: juice to form the smoothie, molasses to give it a sweet-tangy punch, and the arils as a garnish. I like pairing pomegranate with blueberries, but raspberries would also work well. Feel free to start with a lesser amount of pomegranate molasses and then add to taste – though its lip-puckering sweet-tart quality is what makes this smoothie so unexpectedly delicious. One of these will definitely put a little zing in your step. Served in small juice glasses, this would make a festive addition to a holiday brunch. - EmilyC
Food52 Review: WHO: EmilyC is an environmental scientist who is never without chocolate chip cookie-making provisions.
WHAT: A tart-sweet, one-step smoothie that'll start your day off on the right foot.
HOW: Just blend! Isn't that the best?
WHY WE LOVE IT: This smoothie uses pomegranate in all of its forms -- juice, arils, and molasses -- so there's no way the fruit doesn't sit front and center, in all of its glory. You can adjust the fruit to your desired consistency, but we love it nice and drinkable, just the way it is. - The Editors
Makes 1 8-ounce smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 4 large mint leaves, plus more to garnish
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils, for garnish
- Blend blueberries, yogurt, pomegranate juice, pomegranate molasses and mint together using a standing blender or stick blender. Add more juice or frozen fruit, if needed, to reach your desired consistency. Garnish with mint leaves and arils.
- Your Best Pomegranates Contest Winner!
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.