If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just really, really tasty! A wonderful compliment to steak, cheese, creamed greens... —em-i-lis
Makes about 1/2 c
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- pinches kosher salt
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/8 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a small skillet set over medium-high heat, stir together the apple juice, brown sugar and butter. When the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted, add the onion and pinch of salt.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook until the onions start to soften and clarify. Add the cranberries and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the pomegranate arils and cook another couple minutes. Stir in the red wine vinegar, and when the skillet looks to be almost liquid-free, remove from heat and transfer the relish to a small bowl to cool. Enjoy or refrigerate for later use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates