Author Notes: We all know these days when holidays are over, you try your regular clothes, they don't look as good as they used to before, and panicked you decide to go on a strict diet what certainly ends up with a collapse.
Slow down. A couple of extra holiday kilos is no kind of a real problem but much of a problem in your head. After days when you ate pies and potatoes for dinner it may seem so hard to stop because in our heads loosing weight is always untasty, hungry and sad.
No, it's not.
You just need to change your menu a bit. You want to detox your organism, you want to speed your metabolism, nourish yourself with vitamins, add just a little bit of extra physical activity (1 hour of walk per day will do the work!) and voilà - you're back to normal!
What we offer you today is a super tasty, filling, detox salad. It's a vitamin treasure, a detox heaven in a bowl! - GoodFood
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup quinoa (we used a mix of red, white and black quinoa)
- 1/2 hot chilli pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch your favourite greens
- 1/2 white onion
For the dressing:
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon for squeezing
- 1 clove of garlic
- ginger root for grating
- sea salt
- Cook quinoa in a slightly salted water. Set aside to cool a bit. Wash and drain your greens and chop them roughly. Thinly slice the halves of chilli (don't forget to deseed it or it's gonna be really hot!) and onion. Chop the cucumber in small cubes.
- To prepare the dressing smash and finely chop your garlic clove, grate a little of fresh ginger, mix them with sea salt and then add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and squeeze a few drops of lemon juice. We don't write the exact amounts of each ingredient because it's such a great fun to try and add, try and add the salt, olive oil, lemon juice until you get the taste you love. It's all really a personal choice, some like it sour, some like it salty, others like it hot and others - tender. Start with small amounts of everything and play with the taste until you get your own!
- When you're done with making the right dressing simply mix everything together and serve! This will be the greatest detox lunch. Feel good and Bon Appétit!