If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using the last tomatoes of this year's harvest we can't simply do something ordinary - it must be the celebration of tomato flavour remembering which we will live until next year's yield.
Today we are going to share with you how to make the right goodbye-summer tomato salad. - GoodFood
- 3 handfuls super ripe tomatoes (various colors, sizes and shapes)
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 small chilli, deseeded
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in various ways - in circles, segments, the smallest ones in halves, use your imagination here - the more shapes you have here, the better. First we saw this trick in one of Jamie Oliver's books, and certainly - it works, it works so greatly with tomatoes, everyone should definitely try it!
- Pick the spinach leaves, roughly chop the big ones and leave the small ones whole.
- Thinly slice your chilli and mix it with tomatoes and spinach.
- To prepare the dressing combine balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, classic proportions - 1:3 but you should try the dressing and ajust it to your personal taste. There are no strict rules here but to follow your heart. When the right amounts of balsamic and oil are mixed add a little of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper but remember to leave the dressing slightly undersalted, you will know later why.
- Dress the salad, put it in 2 plates and sprinkle with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, salt and pepper flakes will look just fantastic on top!