If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every autumn in our family begins with slow roasted tomatoes. It's all about what you love in taste and flavour of tomatoes.
In particular not only we love the result but also the very process of slow roasting of tomatoes. The process of changing of color and texture of tomatoes, and the flavour that fills your house while tomatoes are being cooked. - GoodFood
Makes to fill 1 medium baking sheet
- 20-25 super ripe plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 100-110 C.
- Wash and dry your tomatoes and cut them in halves lengthwise. Put them in a large bowl and add the spices and herbs. Generously add olive oil and toss to cover all the tomatoes with herbs. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay your tomatoes cut-side down. Place the baking sheet in the oven and have patience to wait for 6-8 hours for tomatoes to cook.
- Speaking of herbs and spices you actually can use whatever you love. Here we give an example of what's definitely good: basil and oregano excellently go with tomatoes and paprika adds a little smokey effect which tastes just like heaven.
- After a couple of hours of roasting the tomato skins will start to wrinkle up, there appear some bubbles of air under the skins as if they are breathing, and here the best part of the process begins.
- Imagine that your house if filled with a thousand ripest tomatoes, then multiply it by one more thousand as if all the tomatoes in the world are smelling in your house at the moment. Even the best tomato paste can't compare with this concentrated tomato flavour coming from the oven.
- In 6-8 hours (depending on your oven) the tomatoes will be done. Dark red little pieces of heaven, a whole summer in a bite.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls