If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A winter fruit salsa. This salsa is always a huge hit at our Super Bowl Party and then for days afterward we use it to top salads, chicken, and fish. —lilmisslexicon
Serves a small party
- 1 Large Pomegranate
- 1 Large Blood Orange
- 1 Large Jalapeno
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Segment the blood orange and remove as much of the pith as possible. Cut each segment into bite size pieces and place into a medium bowl.
- Deseed the pomegranate. The best method is usually to half or quarter the pomegranate and then to submerge each half or quarter into cool water. In the water, the seeds separate more easily from the white membrane. Place the seeds in the medium bowl with the blood orange.
- Dice the red onion and jalapeno and add to the bowl with the blood orange and the pomegranate.
- Tear the cilantro. Add the torn cilantro, the lime juice, and the salt to the bowl.
- Toss all the ingredients together and let sit for at least 30-60 minutes before serving. The longer it sits, the better the flavors marry.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
The Daily Grind
Make this Indian spice mix and never go back to pre-ground
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Show zucchini some love.
It's time to travel.
Blend your plums—seriously.