If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not too fussy to make but delicious. The trifle is even better the next day. Adjust the booze and berries to your taste. —reahpeah
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Lump Butter
- 3 cups Berries
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- Splash Booze (rum, brandy, etc)
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons Slivered almonds, toasted
- Mix berries with booze and maple syrup. I like black berries, raspberries and blueberries. You can add a touch of cinnamon and ginger if you wish.
- Heat milk with lump of butter until butter is just melted. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla until lighter in color. Add in dry ingredients and then slowly add warm milk mixture. Bake at 350 in 9" pan for 25-30 min until light brown. Let cool. Break into small bite size chunks.
- Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks.
- To assemble trifle, place cake pieces in to bottom of a dish. A glass dish is best so you can see the layers but any casserole dish is fine. Spread berry mixture evenly on top of cake pieces. You can stop here and let this set over night. To finish, cover the top of the berries with the whip cream and toasted almonds. Delicious. Chill until served.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.