If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is more about the salsa than the salmon. It makes a wonderful dinner accompanied by rice/couscous and a vegetable, or alternatively, as a nice salad. - REMCooks
- 4 Salmon filets, 6 oz each
- 3 Minneola Tangelos, sectioned into supremes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 Large white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 3 large japalenos, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Put the tangelo supremes, lime juice, pomegranate seeds, cumin, jalapeños, cilantro and onions into a medium to large bowl. Add salt and pepper. Gently toss to incorporate so as not to break up the supremes. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Set aside.
- Lightly oil salmon to keep it from sticking on the grill. Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Place on grill over medium high heat, flesh side down. If you start by cooking the flesh side down first, the salon will not fall apart on you when you turn it. You also get nice grill marks. Depending upon the thickness of your filet and how done you like your fish, cook 2 minutes and turn. Cook on the other side (skin side) until you reach the desired doneness, roughly another 1 - 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To plate, place a salmon filet on the plate and spoon the salsa over the top. Serving suggestions include rice or couscous and grilled asparagus. Alternatively, you can serve this dish as a salad by placing the salmon filet on a bed of mixed greens/lettuce and spooning salsa over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates