If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I threw together something easy + scrumptious with the acorn squashes I had lying around from my trip to the farm stand. - HeatherPierceG
- 2 Acorn Squashes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squashes in half, lengthwise.
- Slice of a wee bit of the outside shell so the squash has a flat surface to stand on.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Brush inside of squash with melted butter or olive oil.
- Place cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Flip squash over with tongs or a spatula and place 1/2 tbsp of butter and about 1 tbsp of roughly chopped pecans into the cavity of each squash half and sprinkle with sea salt. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 15-25 minutes.
- When squash is tender enough to easily fall away when scraped with a fork, remove from oven, drizzle a bit of maple syrup into each half (optional), and enjoy it’s heavenly goodness.