If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish combines nutritional powerhouses kale, avocado, and egg for an indulgent, buttery, protein-rich and fiber-rich gem of a breakfast. Or lunch. Or brunch, dinner… —HeatherPierceG
- 5-6 leaves of lacinato kale, torn off stems
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinches sea salt
- 1-2 slices sprouted bread
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 organic egg
- 1/2 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400. Toss kale leaves with olive oil and salt until they are well coated.
- Lay the kale flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes until slightly browned at edges (keep an eye on them, those suckers burn fast!).
- Remove kale and set aside.
- Toast bread. Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Crack egg into pan and fry until set, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slice avocado and lay on toast.
- Layer a few crispy kale leaves on top of avocado.
- Top egg over kale. Enjoy!
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.