If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a Middle Eastern freekeh salad we had a few years ago at Cumulus in Melbourne, this pilaf isn't strictly of the wild rice variety. The "Wild" comes from the Lundberg Countrywild rice blend at the heart of the recipe, which is a combo of Wehani, Japonica Black and long grain brown rice. - dailywaffle
Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup Lundberg's Countrywild Rice Blend
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 celery stalks, chopped into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 c. + 2 T. pistachios, shelled and chopped roughly
- 2 green onions, cut on the bias
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped roughly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pomegranate Molasses Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the rice, chicken broth and salt in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 45-50 minutes. When done, spread the rice out on a sheet pan in a single layer and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, celery, pomegranate arils, green onion, parsley and pistachios. If you're not serving the pilaf immediately, reserve the pistachios.
- To make the dressing, whisk together lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss until evenly coated. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
The Poor Man's Parmesan
Satisfy your salty, crunchy, oily cravings -- without the price tag.
Style with a breeze.