Author Notes: I can't remember when I first started making this, but I do remember that I wanted a steak one day, only I wanted it to feel light. So I decided on a flank steak, and I decided I'd wait a day to get what I wanted. There are a couple of keys to making this work. First, choose a delicate EVOO. Second, Slice the meat as thinly as you can. Third, slice it against the grain. - Joe11
- 1 medium sized Lemons
- 1 lbs Flank Steak
- 4 large cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup delicate olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Use a fork to dock the meat all over - especially if your flank steak looks like it has a lot of sinue.
- In a large plastic ziploc bag or a ceramic or glass baking dish, pour in the olive oil.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze juice into the bag or dish. If you're using a bag, add in the squeezed lemon halves, too. If you're using a baking dish, you may need to cut these into smaller pieces.
- Crush the Garlic Cloves with your hands or the flat side of a knife and remove the skins. Place these in your bag or dish.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Massage the meat with the marinade for a few minutes and make sure that the meat is completely covered.
- Refrigerate overnight - it's worth it to wait.
- Get your grill as hot as you can and cook about 4 - 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and let it rest for about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Slice as thinly as possible
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup delicate EVOO
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- red wine vinegar to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Chop the parsley and garlic cloves
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients
- Add salt & pepper to taste.