If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This started with a recipe for breadsticks from Chico Hotsprings in Pray, Montana, which my husband loved, but not entirely. The recipe morphed as I adjusted it for him. He loves these entirely. —louisez
Makes 4 dozen breadsticks
- 1/2 cup beer, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange juice, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1.5 ounces fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine beer, orange juice, and yeast. Proof 10 min.
- Add flour, salt, oil, fennel seed, and orange peel. Knead. Place in oiled bowl and let rise till doubled, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into four pieces. Divide each piece into 12 small balls, and roll out by hand into breadsticks. Place on lightly greased or silpat-lined baking sheets. Let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake at 425 about 15-20 minutes, or till golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
More Great Recipes: Bread, Rolls & Muffins
Hold Onto Those Stems
Over 30 recipes to put herb stems to good use
How to cook with herb stems.
Hatch chiles are worth the fuss.
We've got the summer blues.
Our favorite food reads.
A better basket.