If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This year for Thanksgiving my brother was charged with making the turkey. It was his first time making the turkey and it turned out great. He made this fantastic herb and citrus butter that he rubbed all over the turkey after removing it from the brine. The butter was so good that we ended up using it in the gravy and everything else that needed a touch of butter. That butter inspired the Herb, Citrus, and Anchovy Butter featured in this recipe. —melissav
Herb, Citrus, and Anchovy Butter
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 3 Anchovy Filets, mashed and finely minced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zest only, finely minced or grated
- 1 orange, zest only, finely minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Steak & Mushrooms
- bone-in ribeye steaks, 1 per person
- Mushrooms (shitake, cremini, or your favorite mix of wild mushrooms), chopped in large pieces, approximately 1 cup per person
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- grapeseed (or canola) oil
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Once it is preheated and smoking hot and you are ready to put the steaks in the oven, we will turn off the oven and turn on the broiler on high.
- Place the steaks on a plate and season well with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Use more salt than you think you need. I used 1 tsp per steak but it really depends upon the size of the steak. Set aside at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the meal (at least 30 - 45 minutes).
- Combine all of the ingredients for the butter in a small bowl. Put in the freezer to harden up. You will likely have more butter than you need for this recipe but it is great on everything and keeps well in the fridge.
- Once you are ready to cook the steaks, turn off the oven and turn on the broiler to high. Heat an ovenproof skillet over very high heat until blazing hot. Brush the bottom of the pan with a very thin layer of oil.
- Place the steaks in the pan and immediately place under the broiler. Cook until medium rare, about 6-8 minutes but watch carefully as it depends upon the size of the steak.
- Remove steaks to individual plates and top each with a pat of the butter and smear it along the length of the steak as it melts. Set aside so they can rest.
- Drain all but 1 teaspoon of fat from the pan and place over medium high heat. Add a pat of the butter. Once melted, add the mushrooms and saute until cooked, 3-4 minutes.
- Top the steaks with the mushrooms and enjoy.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.