Author Notes: This is a popular summer dish for Lunch Bunch, a lunch co-op with a dozen participants. You cook about twice a month and, voila, a healthy, free lunch every day. - JenniferF
- 4 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 ears of corn cut off cob, (or 1 bag frozen corn, defrosted)
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large jalapeño, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juices
- 1 tablespoon high quality chili powder
- coarse salt to taste
- bunches cilantro, chopped finely
- 3 heads romaine, washed and chopped
- Mix all ingredients except romaine.
- Season well. Let marinate over night.
- Serve over bed of romaine. Serve "salad bar" style with a wide variety of delightful toppings: sour cream, feta, grated sharp cheddar, buttermilk dressing, pepitas, tortilla strips or chips, salsa, etc.