If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the best recipe to have when you're hosting a party on a budget and/or don't have a lot of time to cook. The reduced brown ale and tomato water create a great nutty flavor and consistency thick enough to top bread, fish or chicken. —alyson mance
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup brown ale
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add garlic, shallots and thyme. Cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add beer. Increase heat and bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced and sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon. Stir in beans and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.