If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to pasta, makes me feel happy and healthy and so good immediately or day after. I love anchovies always but pairing them with whole wheat pasta (normally my nemesis) gives the whole meal a meaty-heartiness, they really complement each other. —Laura Coxson
Serves 3 or 2 hungry
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 6 Italian anchovies (the little nice ones in fancy jars are fine)
- 1 bunch Italian leaf parsley (or other parsley fine)
- 1 red onion
- 2 pieces cloves garlic sliced
- 1 pinch hot red pepper flakes
- Put salted water on to boil in large pot.
- Once water has boiled and you've just added box of pasta, heat a skillet with olive oil and sprinkle red pepper flakes (optional but I think essential), add sliced red onions and cook until slightly carmelized.
- Once onions have cooked (about 5 minutes) add garlic and some parsley chopped and all anchovies. The anchovies will break apart which is fine, let everything continue to cook together until pasta is ready, on low-ish heat.
- drain pasta retaining a bit of the water. Place pasta in saucepan with sauce and mix well, add salt and pepper to taste and a spoonful of pasta water if needed. Add big bunch of chopped parsley at very end. Heaven awaits!
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).