Author Notes: adapted from food & wine dorie greenspan - Ulla Killing
Serves 40 cookies
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8,5 ounces butter softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- fleur de sel
- hot chili salt
- Combine first 3 ingredients sifting through a sieve into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix with a handheld mixer the butter until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat to a creamy consistency. Add egg yolk and incorporate. Then add dry ingreidents in 3 steps until dough holds together.
- Quickly kned dough to a ball. Add more flour if dough is too moist. Form into a ball and cut in 2. Form each into a disk and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Take disks out of refrigerator. Between to parchment papers roll out dough (ca 4 millimeters thick) and start cutting out cookies with a round cookie cutter.
- Place cookies carefully on a cookie sheet layed out w/wax paper. Sprinkle each cookie with chili salt and a little fleur de sel.
- Bake in preheated oven (350 F) for 12 minutes rotating sheet after 6 minutes.
- Let cool down on cookie sheet on a rack.