If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love slow cookers! Easy to set up, and dinner is ready when you get home! This stew is easy to put together, fragrant, and delicious. It’s play on gulash, beef stew and chili. Enjoy! - adamnsvetcooking
Serves 6 to 8 people
- 4 pounds ~ 1 inch cubed beef chuck at room temerature
- 3 medium sliced onlions
- 3 large carrots, cut on the bias
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 teaspoons beef stock paste
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons corriender powder
- 1 tablespoon good smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons of salt (or to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 0.5 cups currants
- 2 cups good dark stout (I used Stone Imperial Russian Stout)
- 1 cup water
- Seasoning mix: In a mixing bowl mix together the cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and paprika. Veggie mix: In a mixing bowl mix together the onions, carrots and currants. Add a third of the veggie mix on the bottom of the slow cooker insert. Add a third of the seasoning mix on top of the veggie mix. Add half of the beef on top of that. Add the 2nd third of the seasoning and the veggie mix on top of the beef (you get the idea here). Add the rest of the beef and top the beef with the seasoning and veggie mix. Poor the stout and the water on the sides of the slow cooker insert. Add the beef paste. Cover the slow cooker insert. Turn on the slow cooker on high and set your timer for 8 hours. After that enjoy!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer