If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a classic combination polenta and mushroom. Simple but delicate. I love the creaminess of the polenta and i like to make it even creamier with the mascarpone cheese. This way it almost has the consistency of mush potatoes. therefore it will go great with stake or braised meat, buy satisfy as a main course with the meatiness of the mushrooms.
- 1 cup of polenta
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of whole milk
- Leaves from 4-5 springs of thyme
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan shavings for decoration
- Put the milk, water and the whole garlic in a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil. When boiling take out the garlic clove (or if you want a stronger taste of garlic minced it and keep it in).
- Add the thyme, 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add the polenta in slowly add the polenta in a steady stream while constantly whisking so there won't be any lumps. Reduce the heat and cook for 25 minutes while constantly whisking.
- Remove from the heat and add the mascarpone and parmesan and whisk well until smooth and creamy. If too thick add a little more mascarpone. Taste for salt.
- Serve few tablespoons per person with mushroom gravy on top and some Parmesan shavings.
- 3 cups of sliced mix of mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme and rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 -3/4 cup chicken\beef stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- Put the butter and the olive oil in heavy bottom pan. Melt the butter on high heat
- When the butter foam a bit add the mushroom and some salt, thyme and rosemary. Satue on high heat for 10-15 minutes, until all the liquids evaporated and the mushrooms are browned.
- Add the vinegar and pepper and let it reduce.
- Add the flour and mix well for about 30 seconds to cook a bit. Add the stock and mix well until thicken. Remove from the heat and taste for salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.