Author Notes: All the flavors of an asian stir fry into a healthy warm salad for the winter. Beats Chinese take-out anytime! - MD cooks for 2
- 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed & Drained
- 2 Medium Carrots, sliced thinly
- 5 Dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 0.5 cups Green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons Ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons Mirin
- 5 tablespoons Soysauce
- 1.5 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- Soak mushrooms in 2 cups of water until softened (time depending on the quality of your mushrooms). Reserve water and rinse mushrooms and slice thinly.
- In a pot, toast quinoa slightly and add 2 cups of reserved mushroom broth (or use vegetable broth or water). Add the mushrooms. Bring to a simmer and cover to cook at low heat for about 20 mins. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil (or any vegetable oil) and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add carrots, broccoli and sauce ingredients, except for sesame oil. Simmer 2 mins until sauce is slightly thickened and pour over cooked quinoa.
- Add green onions and sesame oil and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled and can be garnished with toasted sesame seeds.