If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Such a simple little dish to brighten up any meal. I made a roasted chicken with herbs de Provence & lemon, & served this on the side. Perfect. —we eat. happy.
for the salad:
- 4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled & peeled into ribbons
- 4 scallions, sliced on a bias
poppy seed dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBL apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBL maple syrup
- 1 tsp spicy mustard (like Coleman's) or a Dijon mustard
- a good pinch of poppy seeds
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- Toss cabbage, scallions, & carrots in a bowl with about 1/2 of the dressing. Toss again, taste it & see if you need more. A little goes a long way here.
- Put dressing ingredients in a jam jar & shake it up.
The New Food52 Office
A space that makes you want to come to work
The new Food52 office.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Yes, be in a pickle.