Author Notes: Bone-dry and well-chilled Manzanilla sherry is southern Spain's perfect cocktail all on its own, perfect with salty almonds, a little sliver of jamón Ibérico or spicy shrimp. It should be wrong to mess with such a delicate thing, but my Andalusian friend Xesca does so with abandon in this recipe, and I think she is onto something. - Teresa Parker
- 2 ounces well-chilled Manzanilla sherry
- 4 ounces cold tonic water
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Scoop ice into a lowball glass, drop in the mint, pour in the Manzanilla, then the tonic, and give the drink a quick stir.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Cocktail