If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired from the book, Cutting for Stone, Crispy Berbere Chicken over Ethiopian Lentils is full flavored and fun to make. - feastingathome
- 6 chicken thighs- bone in, skin on
- 2-3 tablespoons berbere spice mix (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- CRISPY BERBERE CHICKEN THIGHS Preheat Oven to 450F Pat Dry Chicken Salt all sides of chicken. Generously rub each piece with Berbere Spice Mix. Heat 1 T oil in a heavy bottom skillet, on medium high heat, place chicken skin side down and sear until is crispy and golden, about 8 minutes. Turn over, and turn heat down to medium, searing for 2-3 minutes. Place in a 425 F oven until internal temperature reaches 165F ( 10-15 minutes)
- BERBERE SPICE MIX 3 T sweet paprika 1 T red pepper flakes, ground plus more for extra spicy 2 tsp cumin seeds or powdered cumin 1 tsp coriander seed (or powder) 1 tsp cardamom powder or 1 tsp cardamom seeds (shell off) 1 tsp turmeric 1 teaspoon salt 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (or powder) 1 tsp black peppercorns or freshly ground peppercorn 1/2 tsp ground cloves 1/2 tsp allspice 1/2 tsp ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon If using whole seeds, lightly toast them on the stove top in a skillet for 2-3 minutes. Grind them using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Remember to crush or grind the chili flakes.
- serves 6 ETHIOPIAN SPICED LENTILS 1 Cup french green lentils 3 C water 2 cups diced onions 5 cloves garlic, minced 1 T fresh ginger, minced 1 cup diced carrot 1 cup diced tomato 2-3 T Berbere Spice Mix...see below 1 tsp salt 2 T olive oil Fresh Italian parsley
Go strawberries, it's sherbet day.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Rock the roast.
Be shelf smart.
This is poppin'.