If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 8 Muscovy Duck Breasts
- 1 ounce Shallot, Minced
- 4 ounces Creme de Cassis
- 1 ounce Dried Black Currants
- 12 Pink Pepper Corns, Crushed
- 16 ounces Brown Veal Stock
- 1/2 ounce Parsley, Minced
- 2 ounces Cold Butter, Cubed
- Pre-heat oven to 400?F
- Place Currants and Crème de Cassis in small mixing bowl and set aside
- Pre-heat 2 dry sauté pans
- Score duck fat and season both sides with Salt and Pepper
- Sear duck breast by placing fat side down (4 breasts in each pan)
- Once fat has browned, flip breasts and allow the underside of the duck to brown
- Finish duck breasts in the oven for an additional 6-9 minutes until med-rare, flipping breasts ½ way through cooking
- Remove duck from the oven and place breasts on roasting rack, with a sheet pan underneath, to rest
- Place stock in small saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Discard excess fat in sauté pans and return the pans to the stove over medium heat
- Add half of the shallots to each sauté pan and deglaze each pan with 2.5oz of the Crème de Cassis and Black Currants
- Combine contents into 1 sauté pan
- Stir in Pink Peppercorns and Veal Stock
- Reduce until nappe (a syrupy consistency)
- Remove from heat, add Parsley and stir in cold butter
- Season with salt and pepper
- Slice duck breasts on the biased on top with pan sauce
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.