If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe for minestrone soup that has been in our family forever and has been passed down to all of the cousins. It is a very delicious hearty soup! When making it be sure to use a huge pot because the recipe makes a lot of soup. My cousins love to eat this soup especially after a long day of hunting and it has become a staple in our house. —jenbonoma
Garlic, Olive oil, Carrots, Onion,Celery, tomato paste, salt, pepper
- 5 Cloves of garlic choped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots cut into pieces
- 3 cups celery
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 3 beef boullion cubes
- 4 quarts Of water
- salt and pepper to season
- Saute first 5 ingredients for 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes
- Add 4 quarts of water and the boulion cubes and boil for 5 minutes
Salt, pepper, potatoes, cabbage, red peppers, can of crushed tomatoes, parmesan cheese rind, zucchini, spinach, chickpeas, red kidney beans,
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 head of shredded cabbage
- 2 red peppers cut into small pieces
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 large rind of parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 15 oz can of chic peas
- 1 15 oz can of red kidney beans
- 1 cup Cooked orzo or ditalini pasta
- Add the next 7 set of ingredients and boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and spinach and cook until tender
- Add the chic peas and kidney beans and cook another 20 minutes. In a separate pot boil water and cook your favorite small pasta (I use orzo or ditalini) drain the pasta and set aside. When preparing the bowl add about a 1/4 of pasta to the soup. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.