Author Notes: My recipe is based on a recipe from my wonderful cooking teacher, Nadia Frigeri. It's simple and classical Italian. - Lizthechef
- 3/4 to 1 cups yellow or white cornmeal
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsely
- 2-3 tablespoons best quality olive oil
- Bring water and stock to boil in large, heavy pan. Add salt and reduce heat. Add cornmeal gradually, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, about 10-15 minutes. Add oil and parsely, then grated cheese.
- Pour cornmeal mixture into a wetted half sheet pan. Set aside to cool until surface is dry. Transfer polenta, upside down, onto another baking sheet. Cut polenta into circles with decorative cutter about 3 1/2 to 4 inch in diameter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe