If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My recipe is based on a recipe from my wonderful cooking teacher, Nadia Frigeri. It's simple and classical Italian. - Lizthechef
- 3/4 to 1 cups yellow or white cornmeal
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsely
- 2-3 tablespoons best quality olive oil
- Bring water and stock to boil in large, heavy pan. Add salt and reduce heat. Add cornmeal gradually, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, about 10-15 minutes. Add oil and parsely, then grated cheese.
- Pour cornmeal mixture into a wetted half sheet pan. Set aside to cool until surface is dry. Transfer polenta, upside down, onto another baking sheet. Cut polenta into circles with decorative cutter about 3 1/2 to 4 inch in diameter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe