Author Notes: Created out of boredom & the inability to make a pizza dough crust. This is a broiled type of dish. I used a wet paper towel to clean the mushroom; remove the stem. - Irene Refe
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 frozen meatballs
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- pinches salt
- pinches black pepper
- pinches Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Shredded Italian blend cheese
- Thaw & brown meatballs however you want it. I browned mine in a toaster oven for 20 mins on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Brush ketchup on cooled meatballs.
- Preheat oven at Low on the Broil setting; grease a stove safe plate or Pyrex dish.
- Place mushroom on the stove safe dish upside down
- Spread the tomato puree on the underside of the mushroom.
- Place meatballs after the tomato puree then sprinkle the cheese on top of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle all the other dry ingredients on the cheese.
- Place on lowest rack of oven and broil on low for 15-20 mins or when cheese on top of meatballs turns golden brown.
- Make sure mushroom is cooked thru but do not burn the cheese. Cook for another few minutes if desired.
- Let cool & enjoy. You can also eat it with crackers or a side of dirty rice.